For your convenience we have made our new
patient packet available online. Click the link below to print out the forms. If you are able to fill them out, it will speed up the process on the day of your appointment. If you are unable to fill out the forms, we ask that you arrive 15 minutes early as to not interfere with other patients appointment slots.
-The staff at Vision Center of Delaware
What to expect the day of your appointment
It is expected that you come on time for your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late we must reschedule your appointment.
If you need to reschedule/cancel, we require 24 hour notice, otherwise a charge of $30.00 will be added to your account.
- New patients will be dilated for the exam; make sure you bring sunglasses, and if needed a driver.
- Completed New Patient Forms.
- A list of all medications and eye drops that you are currently taking.
- Any contact lenses or glasses that you currently wear.
- Your current Medical and Vision insurance cards and Drivers License or Photo I.D.
- Referrals from your primary care physician if your insurance requires a referral to see a specialist.
Requesting Medical Records
Your records will be released upon receipt and payment of the
signed Medical Record Release form.
Records can be requested via call, email, or fax. One completed, please return the form to our office so we can begin to process your records and get them to you in a timely manner (up to 10 business days.)
$35 processing fee must be paid prior to receiving your records.
By law, the following authorized people are able to sign for the release of your health information:
Yourself (not your spouse) A parent (for patients younger than 18 years of age) Legal guardian (guardianship documentation is required) Power of attorney if patient is unable to sign (legal documentation is required) Estate representative for a deceased patient (estate documentation is required)